Focusing on superior quality
General Conditions: Destination Asia Myanmar
Our commitment is the delivery of creative, safe and high quality service and customer experiences, provided through an employee-owned service provider in Myanmar. With a focus on customer safety, quality control and service delivery, thereby assuring your customers of reliable standards, within a clearly defined set of socially responsible values.
- Confirmations within allotments are acknowledged by return. Services and bookings without allotment will be handled on a request and confirm, subject to availability basis, with reservation status changes communicated immediately.
- Provision of comprehensive details, such as names, arrival and departure flights and timings, number of adults, children (with ages) and infants, with dietary or other special requirements, will ensure we respond to your request efficiently.
- Acknowledgements and confirmations will be sent to you by e-mail within 24 hours, whenever possible;
- In the event we are unable to confirm your request, we will provide an alternate, where possible, for your consideration and acceptance;
- Confirmations could take longer than 24 hours for extensive, custom-made or complex multi city or multi country itineraries and for groups where rates and services can benefit from specific negotiation;
- Destination Asia Myanmar reserves the right to levy, a mutually agreed handling fee for reservations and or provision or services and managing logistics of service delivery, outside the scope of those contractually agreed and required or requested by the customer.
- Vouchers/exchange orders
Please issue one (1) voucher, addressed to Destination Asia Myanmar for all services provided by us, clearly listing all confirmed services at the destination(s).
- Confidential contract rates
Confidential rates are based on market research, competition analysis, strategic negotiation and in-depth information for each specific season in each destination. All rates quoted in the tariff are nett and non-commissionable, and under the condition that they cannot be displayed in any way to third parties. Rates are quoted in the specifically mentioned currency only.
- Minimum selling rates
Accommodation establishments and/or suppliers in the region may require Destination Asia Myanmar to adhere to Minimum Selling Rate or Minimum Selling Price (MSR or MSP) guidelines, which will be communicated to you for implementation.
- Handling fees
If required to book accommodation under your direct contract agreements, we will charge a pre-agreed handling fee, either per person or per booking. The company will manage the bookings on your behalf, based on information provided by you. The handling fee will include processing of the reservations, amendments and/or cancellations, as communicated by you.
- Per person rates/per room rates
- All hotel rates in our confidential tariff are per room per night and inclusive of all applicable charges and taxes, unless otherwise specified;
- All tours and transfer rates in our confidential tariff are per person and inclusive of all applicable charges and taxes, unless otherwise specified;
- Specific services from outside our confidential tariff will be offered based on the quotation from the supplier.
- Compulsory meals
Please note that most hotels include compulsory special gala dinners for Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and sometimes also on national and/or other festive occasions in each country. This is a compulsory charge, regardless of whether the client wants the dinner or not and will be invoiced by Destination Asia Myanmar. It is not possible for customers to pay for these meals on the spot.
Unless otherwise specified, all mentioned rates are inclusive of applicable taxes (including service charges, Value Added Taxes and/or locally charged taxes).
Domestic tourism taxes and/or airport taxes may be applicable and are not included. These need to be paid directly to the relevant authority, by the traveller.
In the event of government imposed tax changes, Destination Asia Myanmar reserves the right to alter the rates accordingly. Destination Asia Myanmar reserves the right to collect any differentials from the clients individually, which may arise.
All quoted rates, unless otherwise specified, are net and non-commissionable.
- Cancellations & refund policies
Destination Asia Myanmar’s policy is not to charge cancellation fees, unless pre-defined and agreed. We will assist, whenever possible, to negotiate with suppliers to waive or minimize these charges to you. However, should such cancellation charge(s) be inevitable, Destination Asia Myanmar will debit these charges from your account.
- Exchange rates / Currency Fluctuation Waivers
All rates quoted in the confidential tariff are in local currencies or in US Dollars, unless otherwise stated. In some cases, the local currency and/or the rate is quoted in accordance with the hotel policy rate. Destination Asia Myanmar does not guarantee currency conversion rates or any quotation where currency conversion is included. Destination Asia Myanmar reserves the right to adjust rates in case of fluctuations in exchange rates.
Children and infant discounts apply for each destination with detailed explanations on exceptions and variations. Children and infant discounts apply when travelling with at least 2 (two) full paying adults, unless otherwise specified.
- Free of charge policies
Tour leader/ tour director
Throughout Asia, special conditions for tour leaders / tour directors are different. Destination Asia Myanmar is committed to assist where possible to provide specific rates and conditions for tour leaders / tour directors. Kindly specify for groups whether a native speaking tour leader / tour director will join with the customers to provide special rates and conditions to tailor-make the right conditions in the proposal.
- Inspections / educational tours / contracting trips
Destination Asia Myanmar supports, where possible, travel-related travel connoisseurs with discounted / free-of-charge services around the destinations and/or can negotiate on behalf of the customer to obtain special agreements for travel-related purposes. Any cost related to such trips will be charged on a net basis.
- Unless prior credit arrangements have been made with Destination Asia Myanmar, the company requires full pre-payment for all reservations at least 14 days (*) prior to arrival. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the reservation(s) by the company. A sample copy of the voucher must be submitted with credit application in the event that credit approval is requested;
- Unless credit has been approved in advance in writing by Destination Asia Myanmar, an invoice will be forwarded for 20% (twenty per cent) of the total program value 60 (sixty) days prior to arrival. This invoice is a non-refundable deposit and is based on a pro-forma estimated cost, which will be subsequently amended when the group materializes, travels and is ultimately billed;
- Where deposits and advance payments are required from contractors, these will also be invoiced to the client for payment (in addition to the 20% [twenty per cent] of the total program value 60 [sixty] days prior to arrival deposit referred to in the previous paragraph). This will be done before Destination Asia Myanmar makes those deposits on behalf of the client for the respective movement;
- Payments may be made by telegraphic transfer or bankers’ draft, drawn on Destination Asia Myanmar’s bank. Destination Asia Myanmar shall be entitled to claim for and receive payment of any expenses incurred in claiming any shortfall in payments. All bank charges and fees are to be paid by the sender. Payments by telegraphic transfer for transfer(s) and / or hotel(s) only may attract a US Dollar 20 fee (twenty American Dollars) or equal in the agreed currency;
- A limited amount of Destination Asia Myanmar countries offer credit card payments from legitimate agents; an additional charge of 5% (five per cent) will be added to the total invoice to cover bank charges in each country (when allowed and where credit card payments can be accepted) in all cases of credit card payment. We do, however, need to emphasize that not all Destination Asia Myanmar offices can accept credit card payments.
- Non-compliance with these conditions can result in automatic cancellation of services without prior notice.
(*): Pre-payment procedures during high/peak seasons may vary, depending on the accommodation policy to guarantee the booking. Destination Asia Myanmar will inform you accordingly about this for each individual case.
- Payment conditions and account details
Destination Asia Myanmar will provide specific bank details for each individual country.
This agreement, its contents and all related documentation sent over to the customer/tour operator are strictly confidential and must not be disclosed to any third parties. The tour operator commitments:
- The following are our expectations of the tour operator in order to receive these special contracted rates from Destination Asia Myanmar;
- These special contracted rates are offered based on the ability of the tour operator to drive / travel to Destination Asia Myanmar;
- To protect this confidentiality, Destination Asia Myanmar will not disclose the rates to its customers and will invoice the tour operator directly;
- Rates are confidential and cannot be promoted or sold on the Internet or otherwise (including third party websites) unless “packaged” with other elements.
For travel from and to Myanmar, a valid passport is required. It is our recommendation that passports are valid for at least six months from the date of entry at a border post/airport/seaport.
In addition to passports, many countries require visas. Due to frequent changes to these formalities, we recommend you contact the respective countries embassy and/or consulate, for the most up to date information.
- Travel insurance
We strongly recommend that you obtain a comprehensive travel insurance policy while travelling. Neither Destination Asia Myanmar nor its agents/suppliers or business partners shall / and can be held responsible for any loss, or damaged or stolen personal belongings.
- Health and Safety
Destination Asia complies with all industry required health and safety guidelines, in the selection of product and provision of services. All our customers are required at all times to follow the safety regulations for any service provided e.g. wearing seat belts during transfers and wearing life vests for any boat/sailing tour. We check hotels / restaurants and other suppliers of food and drink and ascertain that they have the appropriate safety licenses in place. Destination Asia Myanmar cannot be held responsible in any way for any kind of food and/or beverage consumed, which has not been recommended by Destination Asia Myanmar.
Accommodation in and around Myanmar
- There are practically no hotels/resorts, with standard triple rooms in their inventory. These are commonly double/twin rooms with an extra (rollaway) bed, limiting space within the room. Please inform all concerned accordingly to correctly manage expectations. Extra bed rates / triple sharing room rates are available in the confidential tariff;
- Single room supplements are indicated in the confidential tariff. It is common that the provided rooms are twin/double rooms for single use only;
- Preferences such as smoking/non-smoking, king-size beds, and location of the room cannot be guaranteed or confirmed in advance and are subject to hotel policy and availability at time of check-in.
Due to varying grading standards for hotels/guest houses/accommodation in the country, Destination Asia Myanmar provides you with its own opinion, based on our experience and criteria to provide a uniform indication across the country, based on international standards. This opinion is for indicative purposes only.
Unless otherwise specified, all tours and transfers are operated under the following conditions:
- All tours operated includes fully-insured, in good working order transport with English speaking assistance;
- Assistance requirements for languages other than English are subject to availability and require an additional charge;
- Tours include entrance fees, meals (where mentioned) excluding any drinks, guide fees and other expenses, specifically mentioned in the tour program;
- Destination Asia Myanmar is committed to offer quality optional excursions with on-par rates; when booked with the company, the customer accepts any additional service, which may include shopping.
Unless otherwise stated, Destination Asia Myanmar will provide for each destination according to the rates provided in our confidential tariff:
- Meet and greet services with name sign and/or with specific company logo;
- Assistance with arrival and departure procedures at airports, stations, ports, hotels and/or any other venue;
- Transportation according to the booked itinerary;
- Reconfirmation of onward travel reservations;
Committed to nothing but the best, Destination Asia Myanmar uses only the best available transportation in each destination. Where possible, Destination Asia Myanmar uses coaches and cars, contracted on a long-term basis.
- Transportation (road or water transport) are operated by fully-licensed drivers / operators, in accordance with general safety standards. Vehicles are maintained strictly in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications and kept clean and in good working order:
- Transportation will be in coach / mini coach / mini -van or car with English speaking assistance and qualified, licensed driver except for transfer services where Destination Asia Myanmar states “driver only”; A language escort for the entire tour / transfer can be requested for a supplementary cost;
- Vehicles are licensed and comprehensively insured and equipped with seat belts for all passengers to comply with all local road traffic regulations.
- Water transport will be of a similar good quality and lifejackets will be provided for all clients.
Destination Asia Myanmar kindly makes the client aware that standards of transportation in each destination it operates, are different, yet we are committed to the best available means of transportation in that specific area of operation.
- Wholesale facilities
Destination Asia Myanmar provides custom-made quotations and offers, hospitality desks, uniformed staff, gifts, convention and incentive on-spot requirements, specific communication requirements, office space and more for designated travel managers. All these services are provided at a fee. Contact us directly for more information and specific quotations.
Destination Asia Myanmar Insurance coverage
Should there be an unfortunate incident and / or accident, all our travellers are insured per single incident. Our insurance policy is a group accident insurance policy for travel related companies. The policy is in line with the current demands from the various international tour operators.
- Guides and representation in each destination
Without doubt, our guides are true ambassadors of Destination Asia Myanmar. We provide a multi-lingual team of professional guides. All our guides are licensed and registered with the relevant authorities and undergo extensive training, prior to leading tours.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Destination Asia Myanmar strongly believes in creating a sustainable and responsible business platform and is committed to “giving back” to the communities in which we reside. We have sponsored disadvantaged children to attend school and university, collected equipment and supplies for orphanages on an annual basis and been actively involved in other aid intervention programs. Today our efforts have expanded and we proudly support various projects across Myanmar. Please read "Corporate Social Responsibility" on our website for further information.
Complaints and irregularities
Destination Asia Myanmar considers complaints as valuable feedback to improve service delivery levels. We request that service delivery failures or customer concerns, be reported during the customer’s stay, to one of our representatives. It is the aim of the company to solve any irregularity on the spot. The company reserves the right to refuse to take action on perceived irregularities submitted to the company 14 days after the customer returns back home.
Licenses and permits
The Destination Asia Myanmar offices, subcontracted suppliers and other service providers used comply with license and permit requirements, based on the relevant regulations of Myanmar.
During the term of this agreement, neither party shall be in default of its obligations to the extent that its performance is delayed or prevented by causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, bankruptcy of a vendor, strikes and other labor disturbances, acts of war, or civil disturbances, or other equivalent or comparable events.
The client agrees to indemnify and to save Destination Asia Myanmar from harm and against all damage or injury (including death) to property or person(s) resulting from intentional or negligent acts or omissions from their respective officers, employees, agents, contractor or subcontractor in connection with the performance of this agreement.
This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Myanmar (and/or applicable in relation to the country it is legally represented) for the time being in force and the parties agree to submit any dispute arising between the parties under this agreement to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the respectable Arbitration Institute, Office of the Judiciary applicable at the time of submission of the dispute to arbitration and the conduct of the arbitration thereof shall be under the auspices of the specific Arbitration Institute accordingly.
Destination Asia Myanmar accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for any injury, illness, loss, accident, expenses, delay or other irregularity resulting from the client's participation in any of its services provided (tours, transfers and touring programs). Destination Asia Myanmar acts as an intermediary between all airlines, hotels, local tourist offices and other service providers. Therefore Destination Asia Myanmar preserves the right to modify tours and itineraries with or without notice. Destination Asia Myanmar package tours are organized in conjunction with the respective airline(s) scheduled flights, itineraries and timetables are provisional and subject to change without notice. Acknowledgement and confirmation of the above-mentioned conditions is active, once clients participate in one of the provided services via Destination Asia Myanmar. The itinerary of the excursion, package and/or tour cannot be altered or changed without prior permission from Destination Asia Myanmar. We cannot be held liable if you amend the excursion and its content in your brochures or give wrong descriptions to clients that are travelling.